combined wc & wash hand basin | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combined wc & wash hand basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
seen this in b&q today caroma%20profile-toilet-basin.jpg

i suppose it might be useful if your on a water meter or if space is a problem,
not sure about the looks though

Nice one Johnnyplumb,

I was wondering when this idea would make an arrival here. I saw this first on a move, it was 'escape from alcatraz' or something similar, 'the rock' maybe. Anyhow, its been used for years in American prisons.

I think we will see a lot more of these in the UK, even with just cold fill, its makes installation easy, space saving and saves water.

I am not selling this by the way, but its just a great product.

think it's been around in australia as well as america,
some more info here [video=youtube;hf6qZMF9I70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf6qZMF9I70[/video]

My concern would be that the types of germs and bacteria that normally only inhabit a loo, would now be on the wash basin as well causing major hygiene issues.

Personally, I think it looks daft.

My concern would be that the types of germs and bacteria that normally only inhabit a loo, would now be on the wash basin as well causing major hygiene issues.

Personally, I think it looks daft.

especially when dancin been using it in front of you, riffraff that's all he is :furious3: lol

Green and space saving, could be something that takes off in the future over here.

got one, well its a bit basic, no water, portable with handle.lol

terrible thing that incontinence redsaw,
might be better getting yourself a pair of these [video=youtube;RGNMeR-BOis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGNMeR-BOis[/video] :toilet:

trouble is some one from far away will just squat on the loo seat to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per a separate post (in the WRAS forum), this is precisely the product I am helping to bring to the Uk. You can Google "Wici-Concept Toilet with Basin" for find out more.

The English version is being worked on and will be fully live and optimised in a few months. If you want further info in the meantime, including prices, you can contact me directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is like cheaper version of the rip off Roca W+W W+W | ROCA

I see these and I can't help but think what state the toilet will be in when I'm shaving and I cut myself. Or I cut my finger and use it to wash it. Missus comes to use the loo and lifts the seat to find what will look like a prop from Quentin Tarrantino's next film!

Tom, they are meant to go in washrooms/cloakrooms, in cramped spaces where just a toilet will fit. They are no replacement for a proper bathroom basin of course.

However, they work well in cupboard size spaces or under staircases, for example, where the client might want to have something to wash hands with. Remember it's only cold feed on those.

was back in b&q today, this is the one they're selling , £199 to joe public & £179 at tradepoint, includes tap etc

414932371.jpg

As per a separate post (in the WRAS forum), this is precisely the product I am helping to bring to the Uk. You can Google "Wici-Concept Toilet with Basin" for find out more.

The English version is being worked on and will be fully live and optimised in a few months. If you want further info in the meantime, including prices, you can contact me directly.

I hope you didn't invest? Bet you don't sell a dozen nationwide

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I do like the look of the B&Q toilet.

Kay-Jay, why are you so shy, just say what you mean man. Their boxed-in version can look really fantastic if the tiling is well done, with the added advantage that you can service components in the sister without affecting the tiles.

So it is not for everyone, I do get your insisting message that it is not for you, but it still may be for some people.

Is that OK with you? I would not want to offend... :)

Well they do say there is one born every minute so you may have some success. Long odds though imo.
I wish you luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

One thing I learned long ago in the merchant business is not to assume that everyone else shares your taste. I hate it, but I think it will sell in small to moderate volumes.

Just one question for the regs experts - I thought you had to have hot water at a basin in a WC, hence all the little 3kw handwash units? Or have I got that wrong?

These bog/basin combos have been available for at least 3 years in uk and also appear in info given out by social services to households which need to adapt due to invalidity etc. We have fitted a few and put a low load lecky hot water heater above with a spout. They must be ok otherwise we would have not got paid by the dhss I suppose
One thing I learned long ago in the merchant business is not to assume that everyone else shares your taste. I hate it, but I think it will sell in small to moderate volumes.

Just one question for the regs experts - I thought you had to have hot water at a basin in a WC, hence all the little 3kw handwash units? Or have I got that wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
This design must be peculiar to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning Ben-gee Again, many thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Soil comes into the building at 45. I was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Might just be solidified soap etc. Try pouring...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back