Combo cylinder tank overflowing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combo cylinder tank overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

d welsh

I have a problem with a combo emersion economy 7 overflow leaking from feed tank at top,I reduced water level and replaced part 2 ballvalve, but 4/5 hours later overflow leaking again,cylinder has no makers name and is covered in fake lookalike leather cover,stopcock in kitchen has pressure gauge above reading 2/half bar,blending valve on side of cylinder Is oventrop manual,customer had new leaver tap fitted in kitchen 6/7 weeks ago ,I isolated hot feed to tap thinking cold feed was maybe bypassing thru in to cylinder then to tank overflow above but after 4/5 hours tank overflow leaking again customer had a bloke round from yellow pages and offered to extend overflow pipe on outside wall in to gutter for around£ 150' but this won't cure fault,she has individual basin taps and shower bath mixer any advice would be welcome

Have you turned off mains water ? Sounds like coil holed, water got to come from somewhere

Isolate the bath/shower mixer to prove its not that. If it's not that isolate the heating tank.

Sounds like it may be a thermal store rather than a cylinder. If so I'd go with coil failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I cannot see the photo's but from your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it’s the one with the numbers up the side...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No not sure on my pressure, think I am going...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you John, will give that a try as well 👍
Replies
Views
Back