Combustion analyser reading - Alpha CD35 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combustion analyser reading - Alpha CD35 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay.nicholls

Hello,

I have stumbled across this forum when using the mighty Google! Apologies in advance for this one, I have no knowledge of boilers and would really appreciate some guidance.

We are purchasing a house and the current occupier has had the boiler serviced/checked out and provided the Gas Safety Certificate to us.

There is a reading of 36.1 recorded under the combustion analyser reading and also something which looks like 0.000g or 0.0009 below.

It says the appliance is safe but under the 'give details of any faults' section it says something which looks like 36.1kw but no details of 'rectification work to be carried out'. Does this mean anything and is it linked to the combustion analyser reading or is it a coincidence that this number is the same?

Any responses would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kay

All of those reading look good to me. Maybe he just wrote in the wrong box. I wouldn't stress about it.

Hi Kay, welcome to the UKPF.

Could you scan the cert and post it up as a picture via photobucket?

Or send it to [email protected] and I'll post it up for you.

The rating and ratio on their own don't really mean much I'm afraid.

Probably 36ppm and a ratio of 0.0009 as Croppie says post up a copy or its just speculation. However if a certificate has been issued and does not indicate defects or remedial work required then you should be fine. If you are concerned get it checked by your own gas safe registered engineer.

Thanks all for the responses so far, they are really appreciated. I've emailed croppie an image of the certificate so he can upload for me.

We thought it should be fine as a certificate has been issued, its just as there was something written under the 'give details of faults' section it just put doubt into our minds. As APPlumbing has said it has probably just been written in the wrong place!

Nothing wrong with that, probably wrote in wrong box, very easily done.

photo (1).jpg

This is Kay's cert, chaps.

I'd be concerned that the registration and license numbers don't marry up.

The employer that the card number points to would have personalised paperwork.

I've changed employers a few times in recent years and my details have disappeared pretty quick off the register for the old employer and have never shown for old / new employers at the same time.

Gas safe numbers do not show up!
Company reg number must be 6 digits as far as I am aware.
Am I missing something?

Seems wheres hes written 19.7 must have recorded inlet pressure ?.
I cant make the sheet out.
As the alphas use a differential burner pressure id have recorded that there instead which is considerably lower than 19.7

Last edited by a moderator:
Know of an engineer of the same name from same area. Was working for a manufacturer last time I spoke to him ( few years ago) he is a good engineer. Can't say if it's the same person tho?

Best to phone gas safe and confirm the engineers details, it may be a new registration, or somebody who has used somebody's details without permission. You never know.

the 19.7 is the prob the I nlet pressure and the 36.1 prob the gas rate I would assume. Both required to confirm correct operation, just looks like the 19.7 is in the 36.1 box and the form has no extra box to record them both.

speak to gas safe.

Last edited:
seems boiler is over gassed..requires setting up correctly...would get a boiler reg gas safe engineer to service and set up correctly

Graham there are GSR numbers that go between 3 to 6 digits, but all licence numbers have 7
He's put GSR and licence number in the wrong boxes, check them out in the right place on the gas safe website

Last edited by a moderator:
Graham there are GSR numbers that go between 3 to 6 digits, but all licence numbers have 7
He's put GSR and licence number in the wrong boxes, check them out in the right place on the gas safe website
First thing I tried kirk out of curiosity. Reg numbers are not recognised either way round.

The licence number shows someone with that name, but it doesn't mean he did the job or wrote the cert, but if the customer has issues with the validity of a cert contact Gas Safe on 0800 408 5500, option 6 to discuss it

i found him, although it says he is indeed registered to a manufacturer, couldnt find anything about the company on the form from their reg number!!

also, the address on the cp12 isnt the registered address of Ark Plumbing in Kidderminster

Last edited:
Maybe in the process of being updated.
I had an issue with my GS online details which were innacurate. It took them days for the IT to sort as the girl on phone was having probs.

If someone is flying under the radar I cannot see why they would put traceable credentials down where they can be easily tracked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
Replies
Views
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back