Comcat 1 2 3 5 just expired 3/11/2011 | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Paulmarc
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K

Discuss Comcat 1 2 3 5 just expired 3/11/2011 in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulmarc

Hi can anyone tell me how long I have once my gas safe runs out till I go for my new ticket...it ran out a few days ago ( bit silly) will I have to start from scratch and do a port folio or just book my test up..thanks .....Was for 5 years my 3rd 1

start again i believe, 3-5 days and all the costs..
kirkgas and reg man may be best answer?

i'm a bit confused by the original post, dont really know what you mean by how long have you got, if your ticket has expired you cant do gas work, but even if it is expipred what are you asking about a portfolio, as a previously qualified guy you simply go to a centre and do re-assessment, you choose whether you need training, you then wait up to 10 days for the centre to process the paperwork and send it on then wait up to 20 days for the accrediatation body to do their bit and send the paperwork to Gas Safe, shop around and ask how long the place takes to process, bpec are currently saying 8 days at their derby office yo process but they can do it quicker if the candidate is desperate, just ask the the centre to mark "URGENT" on your paperwork

Hi thanks for your replys sorry not explained very well . It was that I thought i had to retake my gas ticket before it ran out and that if it ran out and did not renew it before it ran out I would have to start again like a beginner. Thanks again

Hi thanks for your replys sorry not explained very well . It was that I thought i had to retake my gas ticket before it ran out and that if it ran out and did not renew it before it ran out I would have to start again like a beginner. Thanks again

in theory once qualified you will always be a CATEGORY 1 which means you simply pay your money and sit your assessment, even if your tickets are 10yrs expired, (wouldnt reccomend no training but some people keep up to speed even with expired ticket so it is up to you)

Hi kirkgas thanks for your reply .. Just have to find somewhere to take it..cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
  • Question
If there both on together eg not using one as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This is the hot water service unit.
Replies
Views
Back