COMCAT Commercial Catering | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss COMCAT Commercial Catering in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

T

twitchboy

Commercial Catering

Anyone do it? What are the pros and cons of the job? There seems to be a lot of work about for it so I'm thinking of renewing my gas ticket and then getting my COMCAT.

I bet it's hot and smelly right? I can't imagine it's technically too challenging though? I mean cookers are fairly basic when compared to boilers etc?

I see a few jobs advertised round about Glasgow and Edinburgh they seem to be paying about £22k - 24k which doesn't seem an awful lot, especially with a fair bit of driving to different areas I would presume which can lead to lat finishes etc

London restaurants, parking must be impossible?

Hot
Smelly
Dirty
Greasy
Want everything fixing yesterday or out of hours.
Parts not always easy to get
Wear gloves, sharp stainless steel edges always come out and attack you.

Technically, the shear variety, there's more than cookers and there's loads of categories.

[DLMURL]http://www.neta.co.uk/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=%2b4j9WqmJuG0%3d&tabid=173&language=en-GB#page=16[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
London restaurants, parking must be impossible?

Hot
Smelly
Dirty
Greasy
Want everything fixing yesterday or out of hours.
Parts not always easy to get
Wear gloves, sharp stainless steel edges always come out and attack you.

Technically, the shear variety, there's more than cookers and there's loads of categories.

[DLMURL]http://www.neta.co.uk/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=%2b4j9WqmJuG0%3d&tabid=173&language=en-GB#page=16[/DLMURL]

I'd rather cut my testicles off with a rusty spoon than do Comcat to get ripped off by non paying chippy/kabab/Indian takeaways and restaurants :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would also suggest you look at gaining...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Friend of mine works at an ACS centre and it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah but I'm more thinking of the hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Can you not just claim what you said in your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It might be the boiler they have had a habit...
Replies
Views
Back