Comment about videos | Make a suggestion about the forum in general | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Comment about videos in the Make a suggestion about the forum in general area at Plumbers Forums

Chuck

Esteemed
Subscribed
Just a comment about the 'videos' forum. The current arrangement (first frame of each video used as a tile) makes it difficult to know what the video is about and/or find the one you want.

I would suggest adding captions with a brief but informative title, running time and creator. These need to be visible all the time, not just 'onMouseOver' labels, to making scanning down the list to find one of interest easy.

Each video has a title and description (and tags) available to add to it when you upload it.

When people add them to threads they're about what the thread is about so those don't always need them.

But uploading to the actual video area the title will be the video file name. Mostly some combination of dates. And that annoys me.

But I'd rather have the video than not have it. So me forcing changing the video titles stops some people from being arsed to upload them.

I'll put a notice on the upload page. And perhaps change some titles myself. Before enforcing changes strictly by not allowing file names to be used.

I'm with you though. They would become an unsearchable mess otherwise.

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
you probably sorted this by now, but as a leak...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Back