commercial/domestic where to draw the line! (gas works) | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss commercial/domestic where to draw the line! (gas works) in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

K

kay-jay

ok so as some are aware i'm now working with a gsr company 3 days a week while doing my other jobs across the remaining 4 days.

was doing full heating install with boss this week when gas safe rings him up........

such and such a job you did last week, you were not allowed to do it, don't do it again or we will revoke your ticket they said.

big long argument ensued and is still ongoing, thought i would throw the scenario up in here to see what you guys think.

job was in a pie shop, simple leak on gas supply caused when owner moved oven, first question asked on phone 'is your meter domestic or commercial??'

answer its just a domestic meter, so we went round meter was domestic so job done......

back to gas safe phone call 'you don't have a commercial ticket'

boss ' correct, but premises not on a commercial meter'

doesn't matter

yes it does

no it don't

yes it does

i run my fecking business from home does that make me commercial???

err err err hmm err

listen pal my domestic ticket covers domestic meters and pipework and certain appliances attached. if a property has a domestic meter i'm doing the work end of! if it has a commercial meter then i turn it down.

as i said situation ongoing what do you think? who is in the right and is there any guidance in regs which backs up either side of the debate?

kj

It depends on the volume of the gas pipework initially. If the pipe volume is greater than .035 cubic metres then it's commercial. Unlikely on a U6 but possible. There are rules governing interlocks in commercial kitchens which anyone with just domestic wouldn't necessarily be aware of.

I'd personally steer clear and recommend someone with commercial catering attends.

It depends on the volume of the gas pipework initially. If the pipe volume is greater than .035 cubic metres then it's commercial. Unlikely on a U6 but possible. There are rules governing interlocks in commercial kitchens which anyone with just domestic wouldn't necessarily be aware of.

I'd personally steer clear and recommend someone with commercial catering attends.

Mike, can tell you've been back in the classroom over the last few weeks mate!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It all depends on what your doing Servicing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We just charge it by the hour like everything...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Smart meter fitter here. I knew from the first...
Replies
Views
Back