Commercial engineer needed | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial engineer needed in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

payney1974

Gas Engineer
Hi there,

I'm a domestic engineer but need to quote a few jobs that would require signing off by a commercial gas engineer/company, is there anyone close to Kidderminster that could help out?

Thanks
Stuart

fyi

if a non domestic meter a normal domestic install qualifications wont cover you installing the gas pipe work

you can install the boilers and the water side pipework but not the gas,

you will need to get a quote for a commercial engy to install the gas side (and not just sign it off)

Last edited:
Hi Shaun, thanks for the info but I did know that, I'm swapping a boiler like for like. But I'm also doing a large church/community hall which will be separated to keep below 70KW but the gas supply would have to be completed by a commercial engineer.

I think you can get a local isolation valve fitted with a test nipple then you will only need to instal the last section of gas supply, you would then only be testing a couple of meters of pipework, comm eng would fit valve and t/t to meter, from then on it's yours.

Where are the jobs located if you don't mind?

I think you can get a local isolation valve fitted with a test nipple then you will only need to instal the last section of gas supply, you would then only be testing a couple of meters of pipework, comm eng would fit valve and t/t to meter, from then on it's yours.

It's a commercial by sounds of it

Last edited:

Best to get a commercial Engineer as he plans to do really.

Last edited:
Sorry for not replying, I thought I got emails notifying me of replies! Maybe my settings are wrong IMG_0105.jpgthats the gas meter at a job where I'm replacing a Mexico 2 36kw Heat only with the same HE version. If I can get a commercial guy to quote me for putting in lever valve and test point that would be great( I will check with GS today to make sure that's acceptable) the jobs in Bromsgrove.

I also have a job in Stourport on Severn which is a lot bigger three boilers equalling about 94 KW which would need new gas runs from meter and possibly bigger meter (u16 at present).

Thanks for for the replies, going to check notification settings now!!

Last edited:
Can you give me a pm as this is in an open forum

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It all depends on what your doing Servicing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Does anyone in here have their commercial...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back