commercial gas work | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss commercial gas work in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

D

deckins

Hi guys I have been two years gas safe register and some times I get asked by people to do work in shops and small bed and breakfast and miss out on job because and hold commercial gas safe does any one can help how and where to do it i leave in greenwich south east england any where near will do thank you for your help.

that is mean i can do work on gas boilers as long as...?
and the cookers installations? so what's called a commercial since I have been told to not carry any work out side work residential properties so I am lost, I need more help please in this matter.
much I appreciated.

if the work is normal domestic boilers for shops your covered same with domestic cookers you cant do comercial cookers or boilers over 70ksometimes you can get round it by using two boilers in a premesise spliting the property but then you have to watch the size of the gas pipes or have two meters

Depends on appliance output and/or volume of gas carcase and maximum pipesize

Anything over 70kw, 0.035m3 inc meter or 35mm pipework you'll need a commercial ticket.

Similarly Appliances sharing controls, gas pipe and/or flue that combined equate to over 70 Kw you will need commercial ticket.

EXAMPLE

4x gas Andrews water heaters of 20kw each with a header flue, sharing one gas supply and fed by the same controls is commercial.

thank you there was an article on gas safe magazine two months ago and some gas safe engineer was jailed for carrying work on take away shop and that look to me small size pipe but they jailed him for not carry a qualification for commercial work did not mention the size of pipes nor the out put of the unit

thank you there was an article on gas safe magazine two months ago and some gas safe engineer was jailed for carrying work on take away shop and that look to me small size pipe but they jailed him for not carry a qualification for commercial work did not mention the size of pipes nor the out put of the unit

Because this will of more than likely been commercial catering equipment

He won't have been jailed for working on Commercial with a Domestic qual.

He will have been jailed for working on gas appliances and either causing an incident or leaving the premises in a potentially or actually dangerous state and will have been reported by someone.

It would later have been found that he did not have the relevant Qual.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you for sharing the job opportunity for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back