Commercial heating - baffled by this one | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial heating - baffled by this one in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

M

Marty92

Hi all,

I am contracted to replace a control system for a commercial heating system, it's packed up following the removal of two older boilers, replaced by one w200.

The boiler swap was all very dodgy - I given up asking questions!

I am some what confused by the original intended design.

There are 7 zones which are a mixture of rads and UFH.

4 of said zones have satchwell csc's and Svt's

The csc's control satchwell arx1202's / mbx4451 valve bodies

The valves are positioned in the returns just prior to the return header, the centre port is connected from the flow header via a bypass valve in the direction of standard flow.

Essentially they are connected as diverting valves.

given that I have OS temps and the system seems to be designed for weather compensation how can this work?

I cannot see any means of limiting flow water temperature or any way of differentiating temperatures between zones.

What am I missing?

thanks

martyn

Thank for the responses.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
No weather comp on boiler, No os temp to it.

The outside temperature sensors (4) were wired to the Satchwell CSC compensators and the valves driven from the CSC's

No other controls on the Ufh.

Primary pumped header has a user set stat but that would limit every zone so no good.

The valve is a bypass at the moment but that makes no sense, why compensate a bypass valve & why no modulation for temperature?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 111
Csc set for each zone. Basically they control zone temp ..... When it's hot enough brings in return water keeps running till stat in room satisfied? What sort of control u want to install?

Weather comp drops the csc target temp or lifts it but keeps DHW circ at a constant.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy who "fitted" the boiler has gone MIA, he was GSR but it has lapsed according to the hrs it was not a reg'd installation - no surprises there!

I assume he removed the insulation for access as there is a pile of it to one side.

I have all the pump covers off as it's currently be totally rewired...

I'm very happy to admit I'm ****e at replacing that type of insulation so looking for offers

I'm only really contracted to do the controls, but they are a good client and I'd like to be satisfied with the whole thing on completion - bar ripping it all out!

Ha, thanks for that, the "what I should have" is what I originally thought, but this system is weird!

The only answer I have at the moment is it must be running flow control... CV maybe?

I had wondered that and your red oxide is a good spot, but what about the bypass valve that appears undisturbed and is in the standard flow direction?

fancy a trip to the big smoke?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There are 7 manifolds total. I”m no expert...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
sticking actuator, try changing it over whith...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The eTRVs would have to open before the zone...
Replies
Views
Behind the control panel the cylinder unit...
Replies
Views
Back