Commercial heating help ??? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial heating help ??? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

M

matt666

OK I have had plenty of experience with installing/maintaining domestic heating/hot water systems and feel very confident doing so, however I have just picked a job to re-furb a commercial building complete rip out and start from scratch.I have been involved with jobs of this size previously whilst working for company's but have never tackled one on my own since being self employed.Its a four story office building so I need to fit a new wet heating system, boiler and a hot water system suitable to meet the demand. I have been scouring the internet for info and looking for books that might help, but cant find anything, I would be very great full if somebody could point me in the right direction as my commercial knowledge is limited.Thanks,Matt...

not to sure about the design of the system, you could get someone to design it, supply you with drawings and then you can fit it ? When I worked on Commercial we usually had someone independent come in and commision it aswell

tbh it's not difficult, not as far as on office block is concerned. It's just a big house. Look at zoning requirements, times different areas need to be on. Look at heat requirements for each room, look at number of toilets, kitchen facilities etc. It's really just scaling up from a house.
We did two storey office block just south of leeds last year, 2 days for 4 of us.

do pear up ! i did have a job and did paired up and we did the job and is been paid for ! I am in London the guy I work for is in Ipswich ! and the job was is central london ,If need any help well pass on details and you can sub it out to us or we can always work some thing out between us !
where are you

I got slot of experience in this area. Pm me with as many details as you have and I'll try my best to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mapress is your friend on jobs this size.

Same as above, Im from a complete commercial background rather than domestic, have worked on some massive jobs installing heating etc
Feel free to give me a PM too if you have any questions you want to ask before you get going.

I mainly done commercial plumbing but helped the heating engineers out sometimes also, the work is easy its the design part that would be hard that's why I would either suggest getting it designed by a company who would give you drawings etc or pair up with someone who knows how to design them. Mapress is definetely the way to go the gun is a bit pricey though but if fully slipped and crimped its not leaking !!

you would also have to price for the pipework to be lagged by an insulation company

EDIT: well the pipe fitting is easy, not too sure about the plant room though !

Last edited:
Was during the year I vanished and went walkabout

But the good news is I'm back! Larger than life and twice as ugly!

tell the truth the men in white coats came for you :D

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Friend of mine works at an ACS centre and it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Back