commercial installation volumes | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss commercial installation volumes in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

M

mike_s

I plan to do my domestic to commercial catering changeover soon as I have done a few jobs for a small hotel who are good customers and want me to do their gas safety check if I get the qualifications, I have turned down other catering work in the past too.

So I plan to do comcat 1 and 3 or comcata (1 and 3 combined) which would cover the appliances they have.
They have a u16 meter. Are these the correct volumes per meter? So if I divide 0.035 by 0.00084 that means a max of 41.6 meters of 35mm pipe before I would need tpcp1a (testing and purging up to 1 cubic meter and 6 inch diamater). Also if the pipework is bigger than 35mm do I also need the tpcp1a? How likely is this in small hotels/b and b's, pubs and restaurants?
35 mm 0.00084
28 mm 0.00054
22 mm 0.00032
15 mm 0.00014

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers, for their gas safety certificate though where I need to test the whole property, if there is any pipe at all bigger than 35mm do I need the testing and purging qualification do to do a tightness test?
Someone at gas safe advised me that most commercial kitchens have 2 inch steel gas pipe running around them, branched off in copper with isolation valves. The main customer I have is just 28mm copper but I'm thinking for other customers if I advertise commercial catering and take on gas safety checks for them.

for what it costs id be tempted to do it and have yourself covered , only reason i didnt is i was choca at work and was overbooked so couldnt have more time. off got my past p week after this un then probably go back for tnp in may/june

yea, just been through viper and I'd forgot about the meter volumes before, so it works out with domestic I can work on installations with a u16 meter of around 30 meters of 35mm copper or 10 meters of inch and a quarter steel.
The definite customer I have I'm covered for the testing under ige/up/1b but as I'm also busy with work and it is a lot to have off in one go then I may do the testing at a later date if I come across properties where I'll need it.

booked my changeover at blackburn college with comcat 1 and 3 for £460 with no vat including training! everywhere else wanted over 600 quid. Apparently the installation volume and pipework usually are around 28mm with u16 meters in most small restaurants so not doing the testing and purging quals until I need them. Look forward to finding some more work in commercial catering!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Clearly you have a Domestic Gas installation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
any problems / questions give us a shout your...
Replies
Views
On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
Back