Commercial meter/pipework, an ECV and a domestic boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial meter/pipework, an ECV and a domestic boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Evening all!

I am a domestic engineer and I have been asked to swap an existing domestic boiler which is part of a commercial system. Think keeping the office warm but they need commercial gas to run their kitchens.

My question is:

If there's is an ECV downstream of the existing boiler, can I work from that point and fit a new boiler? All while not having a commercial ticket? I can test my section of the pipework from the ECV, gas rate, working pressure etc etcv

Many thanks,

J

This aecv just does the boiler correct ?

what’s the length roughly and pipe size from the aecv to boiler ?

Your fine then just install a test nipple after the aecv so you can test your install

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
Back