Commercial or not? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial or not? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been to look at a job to run a couple of metres of pipe to connect a cooker in a pub kitchen. The meter is a U16 but the I.V. doesn't exceed 0.035 cu.m. Would this be classed as commercial cos of the size of the meter or does it all come down to the I.V. only?

Smaller or equal to a u16
Less than 0.035
Less than 70kw.
Not a commercial appliance

You should be fine

Btw. A u16 is 0.025m3. Be careful of pipe sizings

Had A disscussion with Gas Safe a few years ago, domestic cooker into a kitchen in a small deli,only wanted to warm scones & soup.
My concern was there were flats above, so therefore was concerned about the cooker not having full safety cut offs.
I was told that I shouldn't even been considering the job as it was commercial, commercial premises !
I explained that I always had understood that it had always depended on meter,pipe size & appliance. No commercial premises, commercial ticket....What do I know, only 30+ years in the industry, with BG & self employed working only on gas.

Always thought we could work on anything as long as the total I.V. didn't exceed 0.035 cu.m. Looks like I'll have to phone the dumplings at Gas safe and argue the toss with them.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Does anyone in here have their commercial...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Have a second gas main fitted at the other end?
Replies
Views
  • Question
No not necessarily.
Replies
Views
Back