Commercial or not | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial or not in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Here's one. If I service a domestic boiler in a pub. As long as gas pipe is 35mm or under etc how is this classed domestic or commercial? I only have domestic ticket so obviously wanted to check.

If a normal domestic boiler then your fine (aslong as under 70kw)

If the boilers on a leg with its own aecv. And that leg is within your tickets your good to go.

If it's off a commercial installation you would still need the commercial ticket. Unless it's off a sub meter with a domestic sized installation off that

We don't even know if this is or isn't one though yet.

Last edited:
If the boilers on a leg with its own aecv. And that leg is within your tickets your good to go.

If it's off a commercial installation you would still need the commercial ticket. Unless it's off a sub meter with a domestic sized installation off that

We don't even know if this is or isn't one though yet.

Last edited:
If the pub is covered by 1B then he should be fine anyway.

I was of the impression that he was uncertain of the size of the installation.

If it's a pub it is unlikely that it will be a large installation but it depends how big a pub and what is installed.

The AECV point you make phil, would not be correct in all cases. It only counts with 21Mb OP at primary meter outlet and installations under the 0.035 vol. So it isn't a general rule

I took it that you meant it would be ok to use 1B on any commercial installation after an AECV. as long as the size is right ( Below 0.035)

I have worked on installations with over 21 OP which had domestic sized Appliances installed after an AECV.

They would not be acceptably tested with 1B. even with a domestic boiler because the OP is above 21 and 1B doesn't cover it.

My apologies if I've misunderstood you Newcastle phill

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It all depends on what your doing Servicing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
Back