commercial pipework for fan coil units | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss commercial pipework for fan coil units in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petite27

Hi all

I have recently been asked to carry out some refurbishments to 120 fan coil units with one of my customers and this is not my area of expertise. They are 4 pipe units with 3 speed fan. we are requested to change the motors, filters and inspect the condition of all the 15mm pipework valves, clean internally etc from the corridor connections. They have a seperate chilled water circuit with a york chiller and a heating circuit boiler unknown.

The concern i have is that the customer has already ordered the new controls and although they are thermostat type he is requesting i replace the 4way valves with a seperate electronic 2 way valve for for both the heating and cooling coils. this will effectively just be providing full on or fully off for each coil.

Does this sound ok, or would retaining the 4 way valves be most sensible.

also any good links for correct pipework connections to fan coil units as the valves and connections are different at every fcu..

The four way valves are used for a reason. To keep the flow
Too keep thermal energy available quickly.
And to prevent pump failure

Don't remove the 4port

Where are you based

im with the lads the 4 way is there for a reason and surly in your interest to fit like for like ? easier job ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

E
Drain the cwsc & see if the tank stops...
Replies
Views
Back