Commercial Work | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial Work in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I would appreciate some advice. I've been building my business up in the local domestic market over the last couple of years. I want to try and get in to smaller commercial work but have no idea how to go about breaking into the market.

Is it as simple as just writing to owners of restaurants, shops etc or is there a better way to get into commercial work? I don't have a lot of contacts but I do have a decent network of subcontractors.

I'm forever getting phone calls from the local chippy and chinese takeaways for gas safety inspections. I keep telling them I dont do commercial catering equipment. If i were you I would pop down to the local shops and takeaways and ask to leave some cards, you could always ask what they do in emergencies and if they would give you a try next time. Being blunt sometimes pays.

If your looking for contracting to main builders for commercial installs then you need to get 5 million public liabilty for a start . You need to find out who the main bui;lders are in your area who do schools ,shops, surgerys ,block flats etc for a start then contact the estimator of said firm. they wont know who you are from adam so will need to send them list of works and firms you have worked /contracted to for them to show any intyerest. Its a dodgy game with main contractors as they suck in big material bills and can/ does go pear shaped leaving you with a £4000 material bill , but also can be very good payer .

Similar plumbing topics

Back