commercial work | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss commercial work in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Thought i would post this in here as involves pricing ,

currently pricing some work which could possibly involve installing a new inch half gas pipe run as i'm not commercial gas looking to get a ball park figure of cost for a nitrogen purge and gas sign off .
I know it differs all over country but looking for generic kind of figure so can chuck it in on estimate

The way i read is that you want to install the pipe then pay sombody to purge and sign off ? Sadly dont think it will work that way. You need the the quals just to install the pipe !

What's the nitrogen purge for if its new? Or do you mean renew
You would also need someone with commercial pipe installation to install it

its cutting into existing live gas so needs isolating and nitrogen pushing through as will be welded,also when pipework is in will need a purge air through .

oh it does work that way as well go on any big site in the country and thats exactly what works that way

How does it work that way ? Its the same way that anybody cant solder up a gas run in copper ! Your ment to be gas safe thats why theres a domestic pipework on your gas safe card ! And theres another one for over 28mm but you get upto 35mm on domestic ! So think you need to loon up and down the country a little bit harder ! Ever people that are welders etc think then need limited scope pipework !

Limited scope allows you to install gas pipework, should be aware of the rules and regs for materials, sleeves, valves, bypasses and ventilation
You cant purge, test, cut into live pipework or sign off.

thats why was asking for generic price IM NOT DOING IT !!!

MAYBE I WASNT CLEAR ENOUGH IM LOOKING FOR A COMMERCIAL GAS ENGINEER TO SUB OUT SOME WORK!!!!!!!!

Thats my point ! Hes saying you can because thats how it works on big sites up and down the country ! When ive just come off the trinity centre which has a fair anount of gas and is pretty commercial !

How many meters?
How much welding?
How many days work for how many people?

Then add materials and hire of a welding plant, threading machine, nitrogen bottle and gas co-seeker

We recently had a job done around that soec at rough they had to take 2 gas meters off and alter pipework to put one meter back in ! And add a new drop on ! But if i remember there initial purge and first bit of pipework was about £650-£700 on the breakdown !

This is doing a science classroom 40 mm iron from plant room going up to feed classroom the guy i normally use is away and he does it all cheap for me hence needed someone else .
What he normally does is make safe pipework to work on he says what he wants then i install pipework for him to come back make final connections test etc . Normally does it for £400 but i know thats cheap so was looking for a idea of cost , granted never wrote much as shot off out to work early but have had someone look at it and been qyuoted two vists £800

And before you say i am not competent to install 40 mm iron pipe i have installed 152mm stainless steel pipe that carried gamma particles for nuclear reactors

Im not gonna knock you for this because everyones done somthing they shouldnt but isnt this like the arguement when engineers come on the forum saying theyve fixed there boiler etc ?

I dont disagree with you on that but its like 2 years ago i was working on an accomodation block and four agency lads were installing the gas lines not a commercial gsr between them and that was for a well known large mechanical firm . Its not as if their is no spec as most large jobs like this will have a spec for pipe sizing , ventilation etc etc .
i think vern pointed it out on the signing off work thread that on this type of work normally get a commissioning guy to come out to ok works.
Besides having the quals doesnt instantly mean you have skill capacity to work on larger pipe especially med iron , the commercial gsr i use will says that if he does iron its a mess and would probably fail a TT . He phones me then !!!

You could have reported them. Its still illegal gas work.
Somewhere out there a few people will be moaning that they lost a job as they were undercut by unregistered fitters.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
We just charge it by the hour like everything...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Normally they state the prices there willing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Friend of mine works at an ACS centre and it’s...
Replies
Views
N
Agree with the above insulation and windows...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Back