common boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss common boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dboi78

could anyone give me in their opinion the top 10 most common boilers found in the domestic market today as i want to download some mi's onto my phone for when im servicing and cant get reception, i understand it will be different in certain areas but a generic top 10 will do or top 5

many thanks in advance.

Baxi 105e/he/instant/performa
worcester greenstar
baxi duotec/gold/heatmax/promax
ideal isar/icos/
ferroli 24/30/f24/30 optimax
worcester 24i/28i
ariston microgenus 24/27/32,24/28/31 he
vailant ecomax
gloworm flexicom
heatline vizo
but this varies considerably from area to area

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked in north cornwall for while where jonson starley seemed to be everywhere, i thought they only made warm air appliances !!

id say round here is:

worchester junior , potterton preforma , baxi 105e, raven heat little star, alpha, ideal isar-logic, baxi solo, glow worm space saver (old but common), biasi, chafertoe (spelling)

id recomend getting a net book or palm top and spend the next 3 days downloading as many manuals as poss and store them on a usb stick you can put heat calc on there to for rad sizes, supplyers parts list, book work on it, ect ect its a handy tool to have :)

As above and also
Vokera Linea/Compact/Unica/Excell/Mynute
Ideal Classic

Round these parts

Profiles/primas/Neataheats
Back boilers various
worcester 24/280/350
worcester 24/28/35 cdi rsf
potty performas/105 etc
vaillant turbomax/ecomax etc

Mike, do you have a link to that?

Have a look on e-bay loads of DVD's with MI's and other information, then transfer them to usb stick, all you need then is a cheep lap-top.

dont wanna sound like a tight git but i wanna do it on the cheap, gonna take note of your suggestions and download and put in my ibook app which is free, thanks for all ur replies very helpfull,

I work for housing associations, these are the most common ones I come across

Baxi Duo Tec and Megaflo
Ravenheat CSI 85 T
Worcester Greenstar R Series 25HE Combi
Worcester Greenstar 24/28i JNR
Worcester 24i RSF
Ideal Classic
Glow Worm Micron
Vokera Linea and Sytesi
Ideal Icos and Isar
Baxi 100 HE Plus Combi
Baxi Bahama (awful boiler)
Baxi Bermuda BBU.

I have recently come across a Range Powermax. If you come across one try your hardest to get the hell out of there or get the instructions.

I work for housing associations, these are the most common ones I come across

Baxi Duo Tec and Megaflo
Ravenheat CSI 85 T(very crap)
Worcester Greenstar R Series 25HE Combi
Worcester Greenstar 24/28i JNR(plastic fantastic o ring incontenance)
Worcester 24i RSF(melted aps and a dodgy pcb coming soon)
Ideal Classic
Glow Worm Micron
Vokera Linea and Sytesi(18 hours on the phone just to get part numbers)
Ideal Icos and Isar(axe)
Baxi 100 HE Plus Combi(worst than a Bahama)
Baxi Bahama (awful boiler)run if you find one
Baxi Bermuda BBU.

I have recently come across a Range Powermax. If you come across one try your hardest to get the hell out of there or get the instructions.
(or condemn it)

made your list much better LOL

(or condemn it)

made your list much better LOL

Ha ha! The Ravenheats are very crap, super unreliable, but usually a hammer and a screwdriver can get them going again! Lol! I've been to one now got to be 6 times. It's had (in the last 10 months) diverter valve, fan, dhw and primary thermistors, aav, prv, numerous washers, overheat stat and a wiring harness. These are all separate issues, not that the boiler has been a head scratcher. God knows why the housing association haven't replaced it yet.

The Worcester 24i isn't too bad, but I have had to replace 4 boards in the last couple of months due to the relay burning out. The 24i JNR I was struggling with appeared to be the APS which was at fault, haven't been back since replacing that.

Fortunately I don't work on the Vokera's much, but they fitted to nearly every house on the one housing association contract we cover. Their parts dept' are useless.

Baxi Duo Tec mk 1 are my favourite. So easy to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
D
As the guys have said new boiler time. Don't...
Replies
Views
Back