Communial boiler/Hot Water Cylinder | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Communial boiler/Hot Water Cylinder in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

borisboris346

Dear All,

My hot water comes from a communial boiler. My domestic water comes from an indirect cyclinder. Recently, the water went tepid and so is the tank. The pipe at the bottom of the cylinder is hot, but the pipe at the top is tepid (appears to be in reverse order?); the pipe at the top is colder one side of the valve lending into the cylinder than the other.

I had a plumber call in who thought the problem was with the valve(?), but because he did not know how to shut of the water supply did nothing!

Could it be the valve? And can my pipes be in reverse to a normal indirectly fed system and if so, why is it not heating the water (tepid) and what would the valve do?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

A confused Boris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Im 99% sure its not the pump sound. just...
Replies
Views
Back