Compact Method of Bath & Sink Waste into Soil pipe...? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Compact Method of Bath & Sink Waste into Soil pipe...? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmadman

Hi all..........

What's the best compact (as in space saving) method of taking bath (40mm) sink (32mm) wastes into a soil pipe under my bathroom floor....?

Many thanks, cheers...............:)

If it is an internal soil you cound use a waste manifold ig going out a wall just use clamp on bosses

Hi all..........

What's the best compact (as in space saving) method of taking bath (40mm) sink (32mm) wastes into a soil pipe under my bathroom floor....?

Many thanks, cheers...............:)

the best way is to use a seperate strap on boss for each, but access and clearances can be tricky if they are both to be under the floor, so the compromise is 1 boss with bath and whb connected into it via a T piece, BUT as it is a compromise you will need anti vac traps, or a hep2o in line non-return thingy (eh 32 yrs in the trade not wasted on me, i know all the jargon)
years ago when we were doing all the council refurbs we ripped out the old suite which was done properly with 2 seperate wastes into the stack, with whb one 600-700mm off the floor , and fitted pedestals instead of the legs and bearers (hands up if you remember them) the only way we could do it was to fit a 38x38x32 tee in the bath waste inside the line of the ped, use a straight thro ped trap and drop the 32 into it, another BUT, we didnt use anti vac traps and you got gurgling etc when you filled the whb and pulled the plug,

the best way is to use a seperate strap on boss for each, but access and clearances can be tricky if they are both to be under the floor, so the compromise is 1 boss with bath and whb connected into it via a T piece, BUT as it is a compromise you will need anti vac traps, or a hep2o in line non-return thingy (eh 32 yrs in the trade not wasted on me, i know all the jargon),QUOTE]

Many thanks for the info, is it best to connect the 32mm waste into the 40mm waste as near to the stack as possible aswell as using the anti vac traps.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
Back