Competent Persons Schemes - notifying work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Competent Persons Schemes - notifying work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

chris watkins

Esteemed
Plumber
Hi all
It's a bit of a follow on from my thread from last night. Could you let me know if any of you are members of one of these schemes & notify's their work to Building Control? Does it work OK? How much does it cost (to join & to register each job)? Did they come out & see your work ? Do you do it all on-line?

I looked into this well over a year or so but did nothing about it, as I said yesterday have been letting the customers decide if they wanted to do a building notice @ around £275.00 for the un-vented. We are doing a few more now so It may be worth it, what do you think ??

We do the following work which should be notified:- Hot water = Part G, Heating = Part L, AG Drainage = Part H, if we joined a scheme we would also like it to do Part P & F.
Somebody was telling me that one scheme also allowed you to notify your gas work to GSR through them at the same time for the same cost, does any body know if this is true ??
Thanks
Chris W

Not so sure it's worthwhile Chis. You won't get any more respect or money for compliance when B&Q sell all the materials and even give away a How to do It leaflet.

Thanks BLOD
I don't get involved in the gas side of our install's so have not looked there before when things are notified, mind you does go back to my thread yesterday who is checking the un-vented installs & for that matter part L requirements the Gas Safe Inspector ?? think not !!

I think we will leave it for a while again, I had a look back through my stuff it was the APHC scheme I was looking at before.
Not worth it to register your Soil & Waste systems under part H, wonder who does ??

I see an extra line on the old t&c's
'Customer is responsible for obtaining all building control notifications unless already specified above'

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
I'm a bit lost with this but to confirm it's...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back