Complete house price | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Complete house price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been asked to fully plumb a new build 3 bed house in the midlands, which I've done before but feel I went too cheap on the last one so want a few opinions on price.

To plumb full heating system, no microbore.
10 rads
Duotec 28 combi std horizontal flue
Gas hob
10m gas line easy run
Easy condensate
1 bathroom bath and shower tray
1 en-suite
1 cloaks room
All ground up s+v pipe (2 stacks)
Customer to supply all sanitaryware

Last full house I did was a 2 bed 1 bathroom 1 wc room 7 rads no microbore customer supplied sanitaryware I priced at £4400 but at the end of the job I felt I'd sold myself short.

What do you guys think?

did it take longer than you thought, did you make a decent daily rate, if not what do you want and price accordingly. I know my rates would probably be higher than yours but my knees hurt and I want it to be very worthwhile.

Yeah took longer than expected and more visits than expected but I still made a reasonable profit.
I agree I suggested an unvented cylinder but builder wants to keep prices lower, realistically a 33 or 40 kw will end up going in.
Anyone for a rough idea sensible price?

I would be pricing at materials plus profit and 8-10 days labour.
Being honest, I would be about £2500 dearer than you. Make a realistic list of materials, or you will be giving the lot away.
.boiler.
.flue kit
.magnetic cleaner
.inhibitor
.rads
.Rad valves
.copper tube ( or plastic if you like :33:)
.fittings
.waste pipe and fittings
.traps
.soil pipe, pan connectors etc
. Insulation
. Controls/ thermostat.
. Sundries! Screws, plugs, gas bottle, silicone sealant etc

Put a cost to all of these, then add labour. I think you will find that you are cheap.

6800 no vat with a 33 kw. If they think your too expensive fu ck them

BTW you don't need a filter on a new build and use plastic or you might find yourself doing it twice or more

Break it down in small bits.

I priced for a job on an extension of an old granite cottage, 1st fix took longer than it should and 2nd fix was a pain as waiting on other trades! and by the end of it it did feel like I was paying to work there now I break it down into smaller bits.

2 days 1st fix rads
1 day 2nd fix rads
1 day 1st fix hot and colds
1 day for boiler 1st and 2nd
1 day gas run and condense and 1st fix hob
At least a day more likely 2 1st fix bathrooms
And a day each soil stack
Another day for putting the bath and showers in after boarding and before tiling.

BTW you don't need a filter on a new build and use plastic or you might find yourself doing it twice or more

What makes you say these 2 points tamz? I fit a filter on every system regardless after being bitten some years back. Installed a full new small system, 24kw biasi (I know) 4 rads, mostly plastic pipework, copper where on show, flusher, inhibited and commissioned per instructions. Within 6 months boiler gone down with hot water hex blocked from bits in the rads. Biasi came out and replaced foc but said they wouldn't continue the warranty unless I installed a magnaclean. Maybe just unlucky with them rads. Since that day onwards filter on everything!

Usully on new builds ive found it's mostly plastic so you can run it through the middle of the joists from below then wherever the pipe goes above ground or on show convert to copper and any pipe drops in chases usually copper taped up.

Maybe just the rads but once its flushed and inhibited a new system should stay clean enough.

Plastic on new builds as they are seldom secure at 1st fix and copper glints too much to miss

Where abouts in the world are you? I charge £5500 for a 3 bed heating system in copper. Extra £500 for hot and colds. Then £1700ish supply and fit a bog standard bathroom.

Just recently quoted against someone and they quoted £40,000 for a whole house. (3 bed) they had two to do. I can only presume he didn't want the job.

I'm in the midlands and the job is in Telford.

Phoenixservices is that £5500 a price on a new build or a lived in house?

last one i priced for,

4 bed house 2 bathrooms 1 shower room and 2 en-suits
40kw boiler with 300l unvented cylinder etc
all copper and all materials (including bathrooms) 12-14k

That was an empty refurb but was floorboards so about on par with a new build time wise. To be fair I don't do much new build. Find it boring.

Started a new build yesterday.
New build.
8 bed
1000m2 underfloor!

500litre rehema wth de-strat pump ( 6 bar working pressue) fed by twin booster set 120 litres /min

sounds like a nice system how big is the booster tank and boilers?

sounds like a nice system how big is the booster tank and boilers?
Sorry to hijack the thread!!
I'm using a duty point scubatank ( can't remember the size) twin head pump. It has a solonoid instead of ball valve to keep up with replenishment. 60kw of ufh 50kw for water, 24kw for pool.
Consultant has specked 3x30kw vaillants, so 90kw. Adding in diversity looks about right.
Here's a pic from one side from a few months back. ( no roof yet)

Might start a thread on progress? Another floor to go on here yet!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread!!
I'm using a duty point scubatank ( can't remember the size) twin head pump. It has a solonoid instead of ball valve to keep up with replenishment. 60kw of ufh 50kw for water, 24kw for pool.
Consultant has specked 3x30kw vaillants, so 90kw. Adding in diversity looks about right.
Here's a pic from one side from a few months back. ( no roof yet)

Might start a thread on progress? Another floor to go on here yet!
View attachment 25907
View attachment 25908

looks good and please do would be interesting

sorry op :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well the happy price is just over 11k for...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
I believe he's talking about using plastic for...
Replies
Views
A
Back