Complex problem with Baxi 7 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Complex problem with Baxi 7 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frustratedbaxi

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a really strange problem with a Baxi 7 Solo boiler. I will give you the problem in sequence.

1/ Boiler working fine for 2 years.

2/ Had it serviced and 4 days later it broke down at the ignition stage. The fan runs fine.

3/ Plumber replaced pressure switch. It worked for 30 mins and then died, with the same fault. The plumber came back and found the pressure switch dead. He replaced the pressure switch and, for good measure, the fan too.

4/ It again ran for 30 mins, then died. When the plumber looked at the pressure switch, it had again blown. He tested the flu with a smoke bomb and it seemed to be fine.

5/ Of course it could be a faulty batch of pressure switches but that seems a very long shot. It has quite a weird flu (I cannot remember the technical name) but it has an opening in the attic and then vents out of the roof. The intake is down the outside and the venting is through the central pipe. One person suggested that maybe the inner pipe had become perforated and this was leading to overhot air being drawn into the boiler.

We have had no heating (or hot water, though I am hoping to solve that by wiring up the unwired up immersion heater). We really need to solve this problem so would be v grateful for any help and ideas?

Many thanks,

Laurence

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a really strange problem with a Baxi 7 Solo boiler. I will give you the problem in sequence.

1/ Boiler working fine for 2 years.

2/ Had it serviced and 4 days later it broke down at the ignition stage. The fan runs fine.

3/ Plumber replaced pressure switch. It worked for 30 mins and then died, with the same fault. The plumber came back and found the pressure switch dead. He replaced the pressure switch and, for good measure, the fan too.

4/ It again ran for 30 mins, then died. When the plumber looked at the pressure switch, it had again blown. He tested the flu with a smoke bomb and it seemed to be fine.

5/ Of course it could be a faulty batch of pressure switches but that seems a very long shot. It has quite a weird flu (I cannot remember the technical name) but it has an opening in the attic and then vents out of the roof. The intake is down the outside and the venting is through the central pipe. One person suggested that maybe the inner pipe had become perforated and this was leading to overhot air being drawn into the boiler.

We have had no heating (or hot water, though I am hoping to solve that by wiring up the unwired up immersion heater). We really need to solve this problem so would be v grateful for any help and ideas?

Many thanks,

Laurence

Beleive thats called a Vertex flue, i think its most likely the PCB, has he tested the pcb?

Hi,

No he has not, but how could a bad PCB cause a diaphragm to physically perforate? Thanks for replying, though!

Hi,

No he has not, but how could a bad PCB cause a diaphragm to physically perforate? Thanks for replying, though!

Sorry mis-read that, my bad. It couldn't basically, only thing that could do that is obviously crap or pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back