Compression fitting loose on the pipe | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Compression fitting loose on the pipe in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

A

Alex_nv

Hi,

I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi.
The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and does not hold water.

I tried to put the PTFE tape at the end of the pipe in order to make it bigger/thicker. It worked to some extend but there is still a very small leak.

I am not sure what would be the best next step.
  • Just try to tighten the compression nut even more. It is already very tight and I heard that overdoing the nut can damage the pipe.
  • Or take it all apart and try to put more PTFE tape in order to make the pipe thicker.

What would a professional plumber do?
Anybody come across this situation and have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What about a brand new valve?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of how you’ve installed it ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
I only managed to get hold of one Myson...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
Back