Concealed cistern is not working properly | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Concealed cistern is not working properly in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

maviservice

Hi!

I would really appreciate to help me solve following problem:

I have fitted concealed cistern (35x40x12cm) and is not working properly. The pressure of flushing water is very bad. The loo is quite big and has a lot of holes inside where water comes from. Height of cistern from floor: 76 cm to top of the cistern. I was looking for the bigger cistern but to be honest evryone is very similar dimension. I really do not know what I can do to solve this problem and make flushing pressure stronger.

I think there is 3/6 L flushes cistern but just half of the cistern is fiiled with water due there is an access in the front. I was thinking that the cistern is too low compare with loo or the cistern is to small. I have tried to set the cistern and there are no chance to fill up more than half.

hardly any cystens seem to give a decent flushim thinking of leaving a plunger with each one
seriously it was good plumbing improved the public health of this nation its a discrace were going backwards in the name of water saving in one of the wettest countries

Was the pan changed at the same time as the cistern? Older pans are not designed to work with such low flush volumes. My pan will clear with a 3l flush.

Mike

tha pan was changed at the same time. That is a modern one quite long pan and the water as I sad before is comes from the holes meaning there is no just opening as traditional loo.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Coloured glass looks good or mosaic tiles...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got a vantage concealed cistern that had...
Replies
Views
Thanks again, and I'll put Fluidmaster on my...
Replies
Views
Back