Concealed pipework. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Concealed pipework. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What would you class this as?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369761534.046328.jpg

Is it lead pipework? I'd probably be putting it down as AR but it's down to your own judgement really. You'd need to have a risk assessment of the situation, is it likely to be damaged?

NCS personally as its in Mortar with no protection.

any surface pipe work is liable to damage in the wrong circumstances. It's a shame they don't have another category 'pigs ear' as it would also suit that.

Last edited:
It's 8mm copper pipe feeding an ILFE in the adjacent fireplace. The only covering was carpet.
the dark material on the left is the tiled hearth.

Last edited:
I've AR it, for the unprotected pipework and no isolation anywhere in site, then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i looked up the flue just for quick look, somebody has put I/2 a concrete flag balanced above the throat, questioned the client, a friend had decided to help because all the heat from the fire was going up the flue, so he had reduced the flue opening by I/2 and more heat( and fumes) went into the room.
this just pushed everything into ID.

good shout, id it is then, initial thoughts where AR as couldn't see if it was a soldered joint or compression going through the floor

I've AR it, for the unprotected pipework and no isolation anywhere in site, then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i looked up the flue just for quick look, somebody has put I/2 a concrete flag balanced above the throat, questioned the client, a friend had decided to help because all the heat from the fire was going up the flue, so he had reduced the flue opening by I/2 and more heat( and fumes) went into the room.
this just pushed everything into ID.

Hi Stani, after you ID it, where did you capped it off ? at the fire or before the exposed pipe ?

I would also have said AR the pipe, the flue is RIDDOR though, the 'friend' could have killed them, and wants some form of dissuading him from interfering with flues etc.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sort of just after a temporary fix as there...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Ps on my android phone the forum is really...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all We have a baxi combi boiler. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As long as you have a decent head on pipework...
Replies
Views
Back