Concealed shower connections | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Concealed shower connections in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

Looking for advice on suitable connections for a concealed shower. Shower is a dual function Laura Ashley (Roper Rhodes, I believe) - see Clifton Concealed Dual Function Shower System. Valve has 4 ports: hot and cold in, and 2 outs - all 3/4" BSP parallel. 2 shower outlets: elbow (shown in attached image) for handheld shower, straight (shown in attached image) for drench shower bar. The elbow is 1/2" BSP parallel with a chamfered inner. Straight is 1/2" BSP parallel with a flat end..

I'm planning on converting the 3/4" ports on the valve to 1/2" via bushes and then to copper via 1/2" thread -> compression coupler.

Questions
1) Should I add a washer for the bush connections or is PTFE plus Rectorseal OK?
2) Should I add a washer for the elbow/straight shower connections or is PTFE plus Rectorseal OK? Alternatively, since it's chamfered, would a simple tap connector be sufficient. Plan at the moment to use a speedfit brass wall plate with PTFE and Rectorseal

Thanks

2019-04-30 08.13.43.jpg

2019-04-30 08.13.57.jpg

2019-04-30 08.14.13.jpg

No need to convert the threads to 1/2", just use a 3/4" to 15mm compression

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/male-...lwccLj6RWerPEzu31FkaApPSEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And ptfe is fine, no need for a washer.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Because people over tighten them and there so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just as an aside, this fitting is never under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Maybe. How does the knob indicate hot or cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's what I use and touch wood not had a issue
Replies
Views
  • Question
You should be able to replace it without...
Replies
Views
Back