Concealed shower valve, adjustable width inlets and elbow orientation | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Concealed shower valve, adjustable width inlets and elbow orientation in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I'm replacing an old concealed shower mixer valve which dripped. Trouble is the pipe inlet spacing is fixed at 130mm and the outlet pipe sits in between the two behind a wall panel. Finding an exact match for the pipe spacing is proving a challenge, but I've come across a few which can be either externally mounted or internally and have adjustable width inlet pipes. My question is, the inlet pipes are almost always shown pointing backward (as if they would go through the wall panel when fitted externally). If I fit internally I need them to be rotated downward to mate with the fixed copper inlet pipes, so as well as adjusting for width, do they also rotate so I can fit to my vertical pipes? The instructions never say so I assume they either all do and it's common knowledge as they adjust width wise, or actually don't!

Cheers

Simon

Do you have pipes sticking out of the wall / compression joints ?

Upvote 0
Bit late now for you maybe, lots of them adjust for width by screwing the elbows in/out usually get about 12mm per side. The elbows seal to the body using o-rings and you can point the elbows in any direction you wish.

Upvote 0
Thanks Ben Gee, yes it’s all installed now and hidden behind a panel. I found a valve which just fitted the existing pipe spacing with a little persuasion.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Must admit I was curious about this, as I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for all your advice. It turns out the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you have to make an offset, bending is best...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’m not going to read the instructions, sorry...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Without being there before and seeing what was...
Replies
Views
Back