Concorde boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Concorde boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all
Just had a call from my brother on law. HW is okay but he has no heating, Boiler fires then switches off after only a few minutes (room stat is at 30 but nothing warming up) Pipes both side of pump are hot,
Any suggestions ????? :)

both sides of pump will be warm depending on distance from boiler, my first thought would be zero or poor circulation. take screw out of pump, check the impellers are moving and moving well by inserting screwdiver into hole, and fiddling the inner screw. do it first with the power off, then make sure with power on that there is a lot of resistance to movement.

Hi migo
This was my first thought & he is trying to bleed the system I am going to look myself tomorrow & will check & vent the pump Whilst talking on the phone to him he did adjust the speed & heard a difference in noise level
Assuming there isnt trapped air how can I check room stat etc :confused:

if pump sounds like its running but is very hot its not workingtest for power with a multi meter to check stats etc

We have now checked both mid position valve & pump with multi meter, Changed mid position & still boiler fires erratically and then only runs for a short time ??????

Upstairs rads are on microborepipe If this is blocked could this cause the problem (nb we have drained down & added cleansing agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all replies. I thought I was out of...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back