Condensate disposal | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate disposal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.

currently fitting a boiler but condensate is looking to be a pain

near to the outside of the flue is the rain water down pipe but it runs to a designated soak away and not combined drainage.

now the foul drainage for this place is a bio digester that then runs to the same soakaway as the rain water but its a pain to run too as the bio digester is in the basement and there isnt a good enough fall to run to it or any of its soil connections.

i was thinking of putting a soakaway with lime chippings but ground works are still being done for a while.

where do i stand running it to the rainwater and putting in backflow protection?
as its only going to the same place as it would going through the bio digester

the grounds already alkali enough around here without lime chippings!!

Is there no way of pumping it up and to the soil? Plenty of installations put the condense in the rainwater galley or downpipes, but if you get a condensafe I think you're actually allowed to.

Is there no way of pumping it up and to the soil? Plenty of installations put the condense in the rainwater galley or downpipes, but if you get a condensafe I think you're actually allowed to.

The thing is even if i run it to the soil its still running to the same soak away!!!

i'm now thinking tee'ing into the rainwater going along to a hopper, putting a stainless steel mesh in the bottom and filling up with limestone chips

Surely a soak away is fine ? We have done a couple when it's the easiest/sensible option :)

Surely a soak away is fine ? We have done a couple when it's the easiest/sensible option :)

i've done tons on oil boilers

around the building is ground works and then block paving all the way round.

currently the final level will be about 1.7 m higher than it is now!!

i think i'll just do a hopper, stainless steel mesh and make a lid for it, one bloody big inline neutraliser !

i'm now thinking tee'ing into the rainwater going along to a hopper, putting a stainless steel mesh in the bottom and filling up with limestone chips
But will this be terminating 0.5M from the building?

Stick it in a soak away and then tell them when the ground is up to level you can alter it to suit?

Ooh if it's an anaerobic one keep acidic conny away!

Reading up on it now, looks like to the biodigester is a no go anyway, nukes the organisms that break down the turds!!

alrighty, will be the hopper idea. As a ground soakaway will end up under the block paving in the end and as there is another two boilers going in, all three can use the hopper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's one of them places... Comedy gold was...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
will be on the instructions of the neutraliser
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
You can hire a cheap plumber or a good...
Replies
Views
Back