Condensate Down a Rainwater Downpipe? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate Down a Rainwater Downpipe? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

P

PowerFlusher2

My mate is looking at having a new combi boiler installed (the old one is not a condensing boiler) and one of the installation quotes says that the condensate will be taken from the room to the outside and connected into the existing roof rainwater giuttering downpipe (which is actually the other side of the fence dividing the back gardens - which is another problem). Is it 'legal' to route the condensate down the rainwater downpipe? I know that allowing the condensate to 'flush' into rainwater guttering is not allowed but can't find anything about running it into the downpipe, in the same fashion you could into a stink pipe, if there was one available.

it all depends on the drainage system the property has. If its a combined drain so the foul and rain water go into the same system then it can be connected. If the rain water and foul are seperate drains then the rain water goes into a surface water drain and you can not connect to it. You can use neutrailsers but they cost alot to keep replacing/servicing.

As regards the pipe crossing a boundary i would think its not advisable without permission.

just phoned the water company. the area is one where foul water and rainwater are taken away down separate drains so untreated condensate down the rainwater downpipe is a definite no, no, GBP5000.00p fine for sending untreated condensate down a rainwater gulley!

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for that, it seems an elegant solution.
Replies
Views
Open a manhole, flush a loo to confirm it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Btw - bloke from ST said can't tell me any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Back