Condensate drain off | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate drain off in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I’m currently getting quotes to install a new system boiler. The current boiler has the condensate drain off joined into the rainwater down pipe outside. One installer has said that it is fine to stay that way and two others have said that they will need to install a new soak away for the condensate. I’ve done a bit of basic research which seems to suggest it depends on whether we have combined rainwater and foul drains (which I think we do, but have to double check). Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Contact your water company eg the supplier they should be able to tell you

Open a manhole, flush a loo to confirm it’s your foul drain.
Then put a hosepipe down your rainwater down pipe, if it starts running in the manhole it’s a combined service - if it doesn’t you have a soak away

Similar plumbing topics

You sure he’s not getting confused with trvs ...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
A bit of a pressure drop initially could be...
Replies
Views
Back