Condensate lagged though wall | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate lagged though wall in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Do most people lag 32mm in this case 40mm (1.5inch) as it passes through the wall cavity or just the external pipe? If lagging the pope in the cavity what's best to seal the lagging to the wall with. I'm thinking it wouldn't cement up well?

I have to lag 32mm as up here it freezes which has lead me to just install 11/2 with no insulation which has been very good so far

I have to lag 32mm as up here it freezes which has lead me to just install 11/2 with no insulation which has been very good so far
I have one to upgrade from freezing the last cold snap. To 1 1/2 from 32mm. Changing the run to mostly internal, well in the loft and a small vertical section around 30cm external. At the momment is around 2 meters external horizontal. I have some 35mm armaflex that will stretch around 1 1/2 pipe so will Lag with this in the loft and the small vertical section external so shouldn't freeze in future I hope.

The one I upsized to 1.5inch and changed to running mostly in the loft I lagged in the loft too. Now just has a small 150mm vertical piece external to a boss in the stack lagged with armoflex. Hopefully I won't get called back to this next winter. Done all I can bar trace heating.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That’s a good solution. But at £150 compared...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is hopefully a lintel above that new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Muck in around pipe holes with sand / cement...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back