Condensate pipe termination | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate pipe termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

kasser

Gas Engineer
Getting confused with how to route and terminate condensate pipes.
My gas manual shows a diagram with the condensate pipe connected upstream of a washbasin trap.
Baxi's manual does "not recommend", in caps, to connect upstream of the sink and its diagram shows the connection downstream of the washbasin trap.
Intergas on the other hand says just dump the condensate tube in an open waste pipe. No need for any trap unless connected to a soil pipe.
Ravenheat's examples show the condensate connected upstream of the washbasin trap and state as much.

I know MIs must be followed but what's the logic here and why are the instructions so contradictory? They're all condensing boilers with internal traps, so no external air breaks are needed, that we can agree. I thought the condensate pipe had to be terminated such that flue gases could not escape in the room, so why do some manufacturers allow open-ended waste pipes or the trap after?

if dumping a full sink you could in theory pull the trap out the boiler also seen a condense get blocked with food waste that was tee into the washing machine port of a trap

Similar plumbing topics

It’s ok aslong as the internal trap is the...
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
Thanks. I will look that up
Replies
Views
Hi, Noob here Struggling with a Baxi Platinum...
Replies
Views
Back