Condensate pipework on Potterton Promax SL 24 | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate pipework on Potterton Promax SL 24 in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

john hamilton

Had boiler installed last year and had problem with frozen pipe. I have been advised to move it to avoid this problem. If the pipe is ran straight down the wall under the boiler and a hole drilled above the skirting board to go outside to a drain that is for the upstairs bathroom will this be OK???:sad:

Had boiler installed last year and had problem with frozen pipe. I have been advised to move it to avoid this problem. If the pipe is ran straight down the wall under the boiler and a hole drilled above the skirting board to go outside to a drain that is for the upstairs bathroom will this be OK???:sad:

If you can run it inside to a waste pipe that'd be best thing to do:) Failing that increasing it's size will take longer to freeze! Lagging it is also an alternative! Any exposed pipe will be subject to the elements, even if it's just a tiny bit sticking out to the drain IMHO :)

If you can run it inside to a waste pipe that'd be best thing to do:) Failing that increasing it's size will take longer to freeze! Lagging it is also an alternative! Any exposed pipe will be subject to the elements, even if it's just a tiny bit sticking out to the drain IMHO :)

Thanks very much for your advice

If you must run it outside run it in 32mm pipe through wall to drain and fit trace wire above. Little chance of freezing.

Another option is a condensate pump. This may be able to keep everything internal and as long as some waste pipe is within 5-10 meters from boiler(model specific) would be an option. Next to no chance of any freezing issues with this option.
Something else to consider.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
Glad your sorted
Replies
Views
I think what you are looking for may be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How did you go about heating the extension in...
Replies
Views
Back