Condensate trap Baxi 105HE | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate trap Baxi 105HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Baxi 105HE stopped working today got fault indicator on front panel flame failure/blocked condensate pipe. I disconnected the white wire on top of the condensate trap and boiler works fine. Trap looks full of muck. Question is can I take this trap off and clean it out myself and would this fix the problem? Thanks

No the top is completely dry. One side of the trap is thick with crud the other which leads to the pipe that drains outside is clear.

I wouldn’t want to disconnect this unless you knew it was put back properly.

The crud doesn't form in the trap it forms elsewhere.

You have to find the source of the crud - could get involved particularly if you don't know where to look or what to look for.

Also. Blocked condensate fault codes tend to be fairly ambiguous. These codes can point to quite a few different faults, almost all of which would require an experienced GSR boiler engineer.

Thanks for the reply people I'll have to run it with the wire off until I can afford a gas man to look at it cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Baxi 105he fault code blocked condensate trap...
Replies
Views
David Tait
D
Glad your sorted
Replies
Views
Hi, Noob here Struggling with a Baxi Platinum...
Replies
Views
I don’t think there are any other checks on...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
Back