Condensate waste thought's,? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate waste thought's,? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

exedon2

Esteemed
Picture of boiler with a 15 year service record by same company
Thoughts on condensate waste?
20230328_150651.jpg

I may be a sceptic, but I have doubts about that being a condensate waste.
The copper would have corroded over that time.

I've seen copper eaten through in a couple of years with untreated / unmaintained condensate waste

Probably pressure relief valve you are referring to.

Same here!
I'd be amazed if that was condensate and still intact. It would normally be ribbons by now. If it is, maybe the boiler is never condensing? I have only seen that once with a boiler that was way over-sized for the job but the trap dried out every 6 month and lead to it stopping.

Return temperature so high it never went into condensing mode? The expansion tank clearly wasn't adequately fixed to the wall either. (One brown Rawlplug, sigh...) And there's a blind stub next to the filling loop valve. And the CH expansion vessel is between a zone valve and a gate valve.

Also I’ve seen someone fill the trap up with lime chippings before as a cheap condy neutraliser

Similar plumbing topics

https://hhic.org.uk/uploads/5BD6D5A19764A.pdf...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
It's one of them places... Comedy gold was...
Replies
Views
No play but did manage to get enough with some...
Replies
Views
D
Baxi 105he fault code blocked condensate trap...
Replies
Views
David Tait
D
Back