Condensing Boiler Drain | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensing Boiler Drain in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Boiler man but I have been to a house where the condensate pipe terminates into a 110mm pipe outside that looks like a drain but on closer inspection is a soak away. my question is, is this within the regulations or just lazy installation?

Yes if its a pipe filled with lime chippings that it terminates into, thats correct. They can terminate into soakaway or drain. Was the condensate pipework lagged. A pic would give a better answer

If it goes through a neutraliser first it's ok, if it doesn't that's a Nono

I is in to lime chippings so thank you and sealed, no lagging and I have repaired the elbow that had broken.

I is in to lime chippings so thank you and sealed, no lagging and I have repaired the elbow that had broken.

Do you know when the chippings were replace ?

You can download a manual from manufacturers website it will provide info on the boiler and the proper regulations regarding condensate termination. I have downloaded most boiler manuals onto tablet and use them everyday. They are free.

Thanks, there is an elbow that is damaged so I will replace and lag when I return.

remember to use outdoor approved insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
Back