Condensing Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensing Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steven wheaton

I am planning on using a condensing boiler (not combi) in a new installation (no previous CH in an old building) would the new boiler be a sealed system fed by a filling loop directly from the main or would it utilise an F & E tank.(not connecting any gas !)

you decide!! there is that many options out there.think i would install a conventional boiler with a sealed system kit too if i was starting from scratch!!

Smoggs, thanks for the response. The occupant wants a hot water cylinder so a combi boiler is out of the question. Taking into account the energy efficiency regulations a condensing or a system boiler appear to be the answer but i was not sure if either of this needed an F & E tank as with a traditional boiler or whether they can be fed directly from the main water supply via a filling loop therefore becoming a sealed system negating the need for an F & E.

Smoggs, thanks for the response. The occupant wants a hot water cylinder so a combi boiler is out of the question. Taking into account the energy efficiency regulations a condensing or a system boiler appear to be the answer but i was not sure if either of this needed an F & E tank as with a traditional boiler or whether they can be fed directly from the main water supply via a filling loop therefore becoming a sealed system negating the need for an F & E.
condensing system boiler every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Fair point. There is a dearth of heating...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Back