Condensing boilers - how much flow ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensing boilers - how much flow ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

Need to know the volume of condensate water produced by a normal sized
domestic condesing boiler - say 25 kw.

maybe per hour or per day - i know it will vary according to how hard the unit
is being worked - anyone any ideas or experience of this ?

I know that the water is slighly acidic - in fact tastes almost but not quite up to
balsamic vinegar standards but better than the chippy.

Hope your weekends were good................centralheatking:drool5:

Whenever I've had a bucket under the cond line it's only been collecting a couple of litres a day.

Vaillant state that their 24kw boiler produces 1.9l/hr but in reality it is much less than that as the boiler isn't condensing constantly.
About a 5 gallon bucketfull every 5 - 7 days from mine until i got around to connecting it :smile:

Need to know the volume of condensate water produced by a normal sized
domestic condesing boiler - say 25 kw.

maybe per hour or per day - i know it will vary according to how hard the unit
is being worked - anyone any ideas or experience of this ?

I know that the water is slighly acidic - in fact tastes almost but not quite up to
balsamic vinegar standards but better than the chippy.

Hope your weekends were good................centralheatking:drool5:
Just out of curiosity, why?

Nice one tamz thank you
Vaillant state that their 24kw boiler produces 1.9l/hr but in reality it is much less than that as the boiler isn't condensing constantly.
About a 5 gallon bucketfull every 5 - 7 days from mine until i got around to connecting it :smile:

Ok as you may or may not know I own API 2006 - Aquarius Plumbing Innovations aswell as running an Hvac operation (which pays for Api in between payouts) The 3 of us Mike - business mgr , Jeff Howell (Sunday Telegraph and I main owner together think about, design and produce 'plumbing & C/h innovations' which we test, patent
and hopefully sell on to big companies from time to time. We have done 4 since 2005 and have 2 ongoing and as you asked another in the wings. Thank you for your help and if you have an idea yourself send it on - we are absolutley down the line......centralheatking
Just out of curiosity, why?

Hhmm what is it then?

a bucket sized to take condense is my guess

Because as always I am curious - did you know Sentinel R100 tastes like pear drops - I know that as well and when I got an airlock in a prototype solar panel I had to suck the stuff thro - next joke about sucking !
Just curious how do you know what it tastes like

From start to finish we have never started, developed ,produced, patented ,protected,
sold and completed a project in under 3 years so far yet and never spent less than
£85,000 - but you will not be forgotten...centralheatking
Just the wonga please

I've had a 10 litre paint tub under a 24 kw combi boiler running 5am-9am then 4pm-10pm run temp of 21 set back at 17. Hot water usage 2 adult baths and 1 baby's bath per day. (haven't got round to fitting the shower yet) then 1 sink to do pan wash at end of day. And in the last week it's collected 2 litres if that. However I should mention this is a b rated appliance.

But definitely not enough to flush a toilet ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hard to estmate but depends totally on delta T .
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back