Condensing Combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensing Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanner2k7

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does a condensing combi, produce enough condensate to keep the trap filled????

I only ask, because I posted a thread about an Isar HE24 and mention, that the customer can smell gas when it fires up, I took off the Trap and it was bone dry, not a drop of condensate.

I know believe that the smell of gas is coming from the kitchen sink when the boiler fires up. I have refilled the trap, and are waiting for the customer for a heads up, if it solved the problem.

Cheers

yes it does,if the condensates connected to a sink waste emptying the sink can sometimes siphon the trap off

:iagree: why they haven't designed or recommended an air gap/tundish on the condensates I do not know! Hohum!! :)

yes it does,if the condensates connected to a sink waste emptying the sink can sometimes siphon the trap off

Thats makes sense, however I would expect to see some condesate left in trap, this was completly bone dry.

Thats makes sense, however I would expect to see some condensate left in trap, this was completly bone dry.

I've came across the odd few bone dry also Spanner 2k7 that weren't connected to the sink waste ... I wondered if explosive ignition could actually blow the condensate out then the heat off the boiler keep the trap dry? Never given it that much thought to be honest. It is one of the smaller traps used by manufacture res however. Maybe that's just another one of the faults associated with the ISAR/ICOS range?

Does a condensing combi, produce enough condensate to keep the trap filled????

I only ask, because I posted a thread about an Isar HE24 and mention, that the customer can smell gas when it fires up, I took off the Trap and it was bone dry, not a drop of condensate.

I know believe that the smell of gas is coming from the kitchen sink when the boiler fires up. I have refilled the trap, and are waiting for the customer for a heads up, if it solved the problem.

Cheers
I have a couple with very little condensate in but hever had one thats bone dry. Maybe the flue is not installed correctly and it is not condensing properly

hi guys just read my original post, made one mistake the question should be:-

Does a condensing combi condense when its heating up the hot water?

sorry about that

Regards the flue, It goes off the back of the boiler through a cavity wall, no longer 450mm.

Last edited:
does it have a constant fall on it or is the flue dripping outside, if driping this could be your problem! do u fit tundish on condensate that terminates to a sink waste, i have conected a few in after the u bend but wouldnt like to think its running the trap dry? my need to revise my process

flue does have a fall, i know this, as the condensate blocked up last, and there was quite a bit in there. The condesate pipe terminates above the trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Baxi 105he fault code blocked condensate trap...
Replies
Views
David Tait
D
It’s ok aslong as the internal trap is the...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
For about a year, my shower on a third floor...
Replies
Views
Timmy1
T
No play but did manage to get enough with some...
Replies
Views
Back