Condesate soakaway pipe run | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condesate soakaway pipe run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I get a reasonable gradient on my condensate drainage pipe, where it leaves the vertical, when plastic elbows only seem to come in 90 or 45 degree angles?

How can I get a reasonable gradient on my condensate drainage pipe, where it leaves the vertical, when plastic elbows only seem to come in 90 or 45 degree angles?
What angle are you trying to get? What is wrong with 90’s & 45’s?

Well for example, if I use a 45 deg elbow the end of the pipe will be 700mm below ground when it reaches the end of a 500mm run.
At the end of the run I want to terminate it into a McAlpine SOAK1GR.

Are you Gas Safe Registered mate? If so can you drop a message to @Lou with your gas safe number and she will give you access to the correct area of the forum for this kind of thing.;)

depending on the run of pipe you should be able to use a 90 and then set the fall over the length of pipe but if its running externally it needs to be in 11/2" really

depending on the run of pipe you should be able to use a 90 and then set the fall over the length of pipe but if its running externally it needs to be in 11/2" really
Well the recommend is 33mm (1 1/4) inches any bigger and a natural drop becomes even more difficult.

Well the recommend is 33mm (1 1/4) inches any bigger and a natural drop becomes even more difficult.

thats just external not underground, also dont forget your lime chippings will have to be changed every two years maxium

Here is the manufacturers guide cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-01-23-20-51-49.png

Screenshot_2018-01-23-20-53-28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's fine. The latter. The black one is...
Replies
Views
Yes or as your first drawing but with an...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
For about a year, my shower on a third floor...
Replies
Views
Timmy1
T
Back