Confusion about Drayton Wiser - does it turn off system boiler, or always on? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Confusion about Drayton Wiser - does it turn off system boiler, or always on? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am planning to upgrade my current boiler programmer to the Drayton Wiser system. But after reading a lot on the internet, I am still very lost about a couple of things. My boiler is a system boiler with a hot water tank.

Question 1
If all the room thermostats and TRV thermostats are NOT calling for heat and hot water is off, will the system boiler still be on or off? By on or off, I mean the state controlled by a programmer, not actually turning the boiler itself completely off.
From reading, it seems different smart thermostat systems work in quite different ways. Some actually turn off the boiler, while some leave the system boiler always on and just turn off the radiator using their smart TRV thermostat. The second way does not sound to be very cost effective.

Question 2
Since temperature is controlled by the thermostats, what temperature should I set on the boiler, i.e. the temperature controls on the boiler? Max or maybe halfway depending on whether? Which way is more cost effective?

Thanks in advance

My advice would be...don't. Every pro installer I know (and I know quite a few) who has installed Wiser has had issues, with a couple of customers asking to have it removed again as it's so unreliable. Get Honeywell EvoHome instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, this was a brilliantly explained post...
Replies
Views
Back