Confusion over Commercial ACS/Gas safe and commercial boiler servicing. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Confusion over Commercial ACS/Gas safe and commercial boiler servicing. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Quick question for everyone,

I have had my commercial ACS gas qualifications for a few years now. I have COCN1 Gas safety, TPCP1A Testing and purging and ICPN1 pipe installation.
Now where I used to work I used to work on commercial pipework and boilers quite a bit, and then someone would always come and sign it off. The company is a massive one in the North West, so I presume they did this for insurance more than anything, I digress.

I have now been offered a maintenance job which has specifically asked for commercial gas safety (COCN1). Upon being told the details of the job, I was informed that I would be undertaking boiler services. Now I know the full procedure for doing services, It was something I learnt whilst at college years ago and also did whilst at work, However Im completly unsure as to if I can actually do this or not. I have been told that the boilers are all commercially classed, and not domestic but can I actually legally touch these boilers?

This company is a MASSIVE multi-National company, so Im hoping that they know what is needed. But before I accept anything I want to know if I can legally go and service these commercial boilers with my current qualifications?
Now I know I should have asked these questions during the interview, but It was only after that it actually came to mind.

The only thing I can perhaps think is that I will be included in the companies gas safe number?

If someone could clear this up for me I would appreciate it a lot, As it could mean the difference between actually taking the job or not.

Thanks in advance,

Ryster.

You need CIGA1 to work on commercial boilers, much the same as you need CEN1 to work on Domestic ones.

You need CIGA1 to work on commercial boilers, much the same as you need CEN1 to work on Domestic ones.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did think that for working upon boilers something along those lines was needed, Thanks for clearing it up for me.

I have uploaded a copy of the back of my certificate.
Does this have any indication as to what I can actually do, or is this just a standard checklist of what is covered on every ACS course. Sorry for the questions, but I have never actually had to worry about this before. If it amounts I need to do another course, then so be it. But if I have already done it, then obviously there is no point:

acs ticklist 00checker.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
I do two services stnd and a 5 yearly strip...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back