Connecting a new toilet into an existing soil stack | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Connecting a new toilet into an existing soil stack in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

A

Alan Greenhalgh

Hi. I want to connect a new toilet waste into an existing 110mm soil pipe. The soil pipe runs from the second floor bathroom, down through the room where I need a new toilet and then down through the ground floor where there is another toilet attached. The soil pipe will not move up or down so is there a way to cut into the pipe and add a suitable branch for the new toilet? Thanks.

Cut the pipe where you want to put the branch, then cut it again say 1m above - remove this 1m section.
Fit your branch and reduce the 1m length by the appropriate amount. Lube up the pipe, fit a slip coupling to the existing stack (approx 1m above branch) , insert the “1m”section into the top of the branch - line it up and then pull the slip coupling back down so it is half/half on each pipe.

All cuts need to be nicely chamfered and burr free.

Mark the pipe so you know where half/half is.

Fit a pipe clip directly below the slip coupling to stop it moving (or run gaffer tape around if you can’t get a clip on it)

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Back