connecting a remote water supply to garage | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss connecting a remote water supply to garage in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I need to lay on a new supply to an outside tap on the house wall, and another which is about 30metres down the garden by the garage, the blue 25mm MDPE pipe run has already been buried in a trench leaving both ends sticking up, and a spur T'd off for the house wall tap. The house end is right by the point of entry and has not yet been trimmed off the coil. There will be a new rising main at the point where the garden supply enters the house, both the RM and the remote supply will come through the wall below ground level through an existing 110mm dia duct (soil pipe) which comes up through the concrete floor right by the wall of the utility room. The utility room pipework will then be copper with 22mm feeding the combi boiler, and 15mm to the existing cold water pipes. There'll be an RM stop tap inside the utility room probably fitted about 400mm up the wall, there will be another stop tap inside the room for the outside supply
The question is what is the best way to connect the garden supply to the inside pipework, and is a DCV on each outside tap sufficient? Also would I be right in thinking that the inside copper pipes for the outside taps should be 22mm rather than 15mm, to lessen any pressure drop issues? The RM pressure is 6bar. Sorry for the long post but the question is quite straightforward I hope. Cheers AJ

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
When speedfit came out they one made that type...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Thanks for your reply - softener is brand new...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back