Connecting a Shower to a Hose - Advice Needed | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Connecting a Shower to a Hose - Advice Needed in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

G

gypsymoth

Hi All

bit of a problem with washing my new motor!

Want to do it myself, live on the ground floor, but unfortunately neither my bathroom or kitchen have standing pipes onto which I can connect a shower hose and put it thru a pressure washer

On a friend's advice, I've detached the shower head from the shower cable, and then tried to put that into a hose connector - I've attached a couple of pictures to show what I mean

Unfortunately, the shower cable doesnt form a tight connection with the hose input

Given my restricted options, is there any other way to get a steady flow of water from either the cable or my square shaped taps into the hose and onto the pressure washer? it's a tough one, but hopefully there's some kind of solution

thanks L

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 27
what about nipping to the plumgers merchants explain to them what u want to do.
have u not got a plumbed in washer u could pick up water from there with a 3/4 female coupling bit of 15mm pipe and a jubilee clip. get a push fit coupling for easyness.
or Get an outside tap fitted!
paul

Upvote 0
what about nipping to the plumgers merchants explain to them what u want to do.
have u not got a plumbed in washer u could pick up water from there with a 3/4 female coupling bit of 15mm pipe and a jubilee clip. get a push fit coupling for easyness.
or Get an outside tap fitted!
paul

Thanks

Could do that, but thought someone on here might have a suggestion first

The washer is tightly packed in under a counter and a nightmare to get to

Outside tap would be great but again its tricky in my block. How much would a job like that normally cost?

Upvote 0
thwe proper way is an outside tap

Drill throug wall tap into rising main and fit tap

You should see change from £100 but cant say without seeing the job

I understand what your trying to do but surely this will be a bit of a chore every time you want to use the pressure washer you have to trappe a dirty hose in the hose and connect it up.

have a look under your sink to see is the mains can be tapped into

Upvote 0
you would not be able to control hose pipe as no valve or restgriction should be on a shower after the valve on the wall, as many of the internal washers are not made to be subjected to standingf water pressure you will knacker your shower good luck

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You should be able to replace it without...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You are confusing pressure and flow. Your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There might be some broken glass on there. Try...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Really appreciate all the detail. Yes...
Replies
Views
Back