Connecting water heater under sink to taps - advice please | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Connecting water heater under sink to taps - advice please in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Can you advise please?

Just looked at a job, new sink with monobloc tap with 3 flexi connectors.

I need to fit tap to sink (kitchen) then under the sink is a water heater with an inlet/outlet and a feed of cold water from a independent water cooler.

My questions are:-

For the 3 flexis I have 3 vacant connections. The flexis are 2 x red and 1 x blue.

Now, I realise I need water going into the water heater and out to a tap.

How do I connect this up?

One hose from cold water feed to hot water heater inlet, 1 hose from hot water outlet to hot water tap and the other needs to be to cold water tap but from where?

Will I need to fit a tee from the cold water feed with 1 flexi connected to hot water inlet and the other to cold water tap?

Confused.com!

Should be an easy little job but I am confused!

Also, the cold water isolator is of the type with a blue handle (washing machine type) and I will need some sort of connector to atatch the pipe to it. More confused now!

I've taken a couple of pics which I hope will upload for you all to see.

Any advise always greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rocket

Photos will hopefully follow.

G3 not a requirement.

Blue is your cold coming in (mains supply) so that means two red left - one the heater inlet and one is the outlet. Is there arrows on?
Go on Heatrae Sadia Heating site, look for pack k tap/ 2000 instructions and let the picture guide you.
You would believe the number of questions that used to come into our call centre about them!

Hi LBG

Thanks for the reply.

I am still confused with this!! Sorry.

The water hear has an inlet & outlet, clear, no issues there.

The cold feed I can see coming in, no issues there.

Maybe the customer is trying to confuse me.

They have a mono bloc tap with has three flexi hoses coming out of it. 2 x red, 1 x blue.

The cold feed will need a connection to the water heater inlet. Then from the tap a flexi hose is connected to teh outlet to receive hot water.

Where does the blue flexi hose connect to?

Maybe it's me!

3 flexi hoses comeing from tap, one will conenct to hot outlet, where do tthe other 2 go?

The cold feed will need one connection to the water heater inlet (but not from the tap?) and then a tee to connect the cold feed to the cold water flexi, this then leaves one flexi connector which is connected to the tap to go where?

mmm... perplexing!

Anyone?

its an open vented tap main comes in to the blue tail up to the tap which when open allows it to flow to the heater in through the( blue ) in connector on the water heater this displace water in the heater up the other pipe back to the tap via the other tail and out of the spout
this means the water heater has an open vent via the tap spout at all times you can tell which is which of the two red tails is which, shut the tap and blow through the tails one will be open to the spout this goes to the outlet (red)connection on the heater
depending which heater you have it may need the immersion reversing to use it for top connections as the same heater can be used as an over sink by using a valve and spout kit think this only applies to sadia

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Marley Equator Demount tool in 15mm seem to be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
Back