Connection pipe between woodburning boiler and overhead storage tank | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Connection pipe between woodburning boiler and overhead storage tank in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbolland

Hi,
I'll be installing a (vented) buffer cylinder above a woodburner and will have a 28mm connecting copper pipe for the convective heat transfer. The vertical distance is about 3m. Two questions: Is it best for the connecting pipe to enter at the top or bottom of the buffer cylinder? (I think it should be the top) and (2) if I install a check valve in the pipe (to prevent backflow through the boiler when the fire is off) will it affect the normal convection flow?

Gravity circulation wont travel down to boiler(unless pumps are involved at cylinder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

👍🏻 I knew the fire ones had to be, we've done...
Replies
Views
Where are you reading that the installer is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
@ShaunCorbs Thank you so much! This is...
Replies
Views
I only open the F&E tank filling valve every...
Replies
Views
Why are you feeding the F&E from the CWSC...
Replies
Views
Back